Cooperation and Public Relations are the spearhead of Walisongo State Islamic University development, in terms of both Human Resources development and organizational development. In the field of cooperation and public relations, Walisongo State Islamic University has established cooperation and socialization as well as relationships with various parties with the principles of mutual benefit, mutual respect, appropriateness and feasibility consideration, transparency and accountability, and equality, in accordance with the vision and mission of the university and partner’s organizations, and based on the laws and regulations in force.
The cooperation is undertaken by Walisongo State Islamic University with institutions and agencies within country and abroad. The cooperation made with domestic institutions includes partnerships with government and private agencies.
Walisongo State Islamic University has established various cooperation with domestic institutions in various fields such as finance, education, law, religion, society, etc. The cooperations made with domestic institutions are as follows:
- Local Government includesSemarang, Demak, andSemarang Regency, dan the District Planning Office.
- Government agenciesor the institutions establishedby the government, such as National ZakatAgency(BAZNAS), the Capital Market SupervisoryAgencyandFinancial Institution(Bapepam-LK), the Attorney General, Interfaith CommunicationsForum(FKUB) CentralJava, the police, the state development audit Agency, the DirectorGeneral ofIslamic Education of Ministry ofReligious Affairs, andthe Ministryof National Education.
- Legal Institutions, such asthe Supreme Court, Religious Court andReligious High Court, Court District, andthe Regional Office of Ministry of Law and Human rights for inmates coaching.
- BankingandFinancial Institutions, such as Bank Jateng, PT. BankNegara Indonesia(Persero) Tbk., PT. Bank Tabungan Negara (Persero), Bank Indonesia, PT. Bank Republik Indonesia (Persero) Tbk., PT. Telekomunikasi Indonesia Tbk., dam PT. Bank Syariah Mandiri, and theIndonesian Young Entrepreneurs Association (HIPMI).
- Health Institutions, such as conducting cooperationwithhospitalsinSemarangforreligiousguidance andcounseling
- Publishing Companies, such as Aneka Ilmu, RASail, and Pustaka Pelajar.
- Mediationandconflictresolution Institutions, such asCaeriu STAIN Pontianak, CCRPS UIN Aceh, Mataram Mediation Center of IAIN Mataram, Mediation Institute of IAIN Ambon, and others.
- Research and DevelopmentCenterof Religious Affairs Jakarta and District Research and Development Center of Religious Affairs Semarang
Walisongo State Islamic University has established cooperation with overseas institutions as an effort to bring the university to international level. The cooperation established is commonly associated with the development of human resources, institution, and International Conferences.
The cooperation with foreign institutions are as follows:
- Cairo University Egypt, USAID
- UTM Malaysia
- The Saudi Arabia Embassy in Jakarta
- Boston University, USA
- Leutheran School of Theology Chicago, USA
- Arizona State University, USA
- University of North Florida, USA
- Griffieth University, Australia
- Flinders University, Australia
- Wageningen University, Netherlands
- Dutch Nuffic
- EPU Austria
- US Embassy in Jakarta, etc.
- Marmara University
- KPTIP (Pitsburg Indonesian College Committee)
- The University of Queensland
- Islamic Higher Learning Darul Maarif Patani, South Thailand, Thailand
- The Islamic Development Bank
- The University of Pittsburgh for International Studies in Education, USA
- Beijing Language and Cukture University P.R China
- Turkey’s United Islamic Cultural Center of Indonesia (UCCI)
- Khon Kaen University, Thailand
- Qatar University, Doha, Qatar
- Hamad Bin Khalifa University, Doha, Qatar
- Forum for Arab and International Relations Doha, Qatar
- The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy Jakarta (American Corner)
- University Sain Islamic Malaysia (USIM)